The BYU Cougars (4-0 overall) and Houston Cougars (1-0, 1-0 AAC) battle at TDECU Stadium in Houston for a 9:30 p.m. ET kickoff Friday (on ESPN). Below, we analyze the BYU-Houston college football betting odds and lines, with picks and best bets.
The Cougars are the No. 13 team in the Amway Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports.
BYU at Houston: Betting odds and lines
- Money line: BYU -200 (bet $200 to win $100) | Houston +165 (bet $100 to win $165)
- Against the spread/ATS: BYU -5 (-110) | Houston +5 (-110)
- Over/Under: 60.5 (O: -115 | U: -106)
BYU at Houston: Three things to know
- BYU is coming off a 27-20 victory over UTSA last week, but it was a rather close shave since they were listed as 34-point favorites. The Roadrunners defense held BYU nearly 17 points under their average of 43.8 PPG, which still ranks sixth in the country.
- Cougars QB Zach Wilson has thrown for 292 or more yards in each of the past three games, and he has exactly two touchdown passes in each of his four outings while also running for six scores.
- The Cougars have had difficulty getting on the field, as their opponents keep getting knocked off the rails due to COVID-19. They finally made their season debut on Oct. 8 and took out