The No. 20 Virginia Tech Hokies (8-1, 2-0 ACC) meet up with the No. 25 Louisville Cardinals (7-1, 2-0) in an ACC showdown at the KFC Yum! Center. The tip-off is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. ET. Below, we analyze the Virginia Tech-Louisville college basketball betting odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Virginia Tech is No. 20 and Louisville No. 25 in the Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports.
Virginia Tech at Louisville: Betting odds, spread and lines
- Money line: Virginia Tech +185 (bet $100 to win $185) | Louisville -225 (bet $225 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Virginia Tech +5.5 (-115) | Louisville -5.5 (-105)
- Over/Under: 131.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Virginia Tech at Louisville: Three things to know
- Virginia Tech gritted out an 80-78 win at home vs. Miami as 8-point favorites Dec. 29. The Hokies were outshot from everywhere on the floor, had fewer rebounds and assists but won the turnover battle 19-11 thanks to tallying a season-high in steals (12). Virginia Tech had its most recent scheduled game vs. Virginia canceled due to a positive COVID test on the Cavaliers’ staff.
- The Cardinals went into Boston College and crushed the Golden Eagles 76-64 as 6.5-point favorites Saturday. Louisville’s defense smothered Boston College, holding them to 33.3% field-goal shooting (24.2% from three) and six